By the end of this workshop you'll be well equipped to breathe deeply through change and move with a more stealth grace.
* learn to transition smoothly into stronger poses
* bring the practice of mindful transition into everyday life
* open to all levels
Many of us feel the urge to rush to achieve our goal. We may witness this on our yoga mat or in the midst of change in life. Yet it's in the transition where we build real strength and awareness. Transitions combined with breath brings our focus into the moment, teaches us to direct our energy more efficiently, and helps us pay closer attention to how we shape our yoga postures/daily lives. When we move more slowly from one pose/moment to the next, we focus our whole self, mentally and physically, which adds depth and alignment to our postures.
This workshop will explore:
- the powerful connection that transitions and breath reveal in our Vinyasa practice and the changes that unfold in life.
- moving through a 'slow burn' meticulous series of sun salutes and creative sequences to create a healthy, safe, strong practice.
- how we experience current transitions in our life.
- response vs. reaction in our inner and outer landscape.
- develop a greater technical understanding of the transitional moments between yoga poses
- establish a solid foundation from the feet